Areas of Expertise
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
Master of Science in Accounting, Ball State University
Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, Ball State University - Emens Scholar
Sherry Walters is a manager with Shepard Schwartz & Harris LLP. Her work focuses on clients in commercial and residential real estate (rental housing developers and property management companies), construction, manufacturing, investment partnerships, and high net worth individuals. She has significant experience in the areas of accounting, auditing, and taxation including:
- Preparing financial audits, reviews and compilations.
- Preparing and reviewing tax returns for partnerships, corporations, trusts and individuals.
- Assisting clients with questions regarding potential accounting, auditing, and tax issues affecting business operations.
- Researching and preparing memorandums for the firm’s professionals and its clients relating to corporate and partnership tax and accounting.
In addition to her work with clients, Ms. Walters is actively involved in the firm’s recruiting and professional development activities. She participates in on-campus recruiting as well as trains new hires on the firm’s accounting software and related research tools.
Additionally, Ms. Walters has been responsible for leading several of the firm’s internal continuing education programming for its accounting and tax professionals.
Ms. Walters joined Shepard Schwartz & Harris in 2002, after completing her graduate studies.
- American Institute of CPAs
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Illinois CPA Society