Areas of Expertise
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
Master of Science in Accounting, Ball State University
Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, Ball State University - Emens Scholar
Sherry Walters is a manager with Shepard Schwartz & Harris LLP. She specializes in tax compliance, assurance services and business consulting for closely-held companies and their owners as well as high net worth individuals. She serves clients in multiple industries, including commercial and residential real estate, property management, construction, manufacturing, and investments.
Her expertise includes:
- Financial statement audits, reviews and compilations
- Tax compliance and strategies for partnerships, S corporations, limited liability companies, trusts and individuals
- Advising clients on accounting and tax issues affecting business operations
- Evaluating and providing recommendations on clients’ internal control procedures
In addition to her work with clients, Ms. Walters is actively involved in the firm’s recruiting and professional development activities. She participates in on-campus recruiting as well as trains new hires on the firm’s accounting software and related research tools. She also leads continuing professional education programs for the firm’s accounting and tax professionals.
Ms. Walters joined Shepard Schwartz & Harris in 2002, after completing her graduate studies.
- American Institute of CPAs
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Illinois CPA Society