Areas of Expertise
- Certified Public Accountant
B.S., Accounting, Purdue University
M.S., Taxation, Villanova University
Sean Blackwell is a Manager with Shepard Schwartz & Harris, LLP. He has over 16 years of public accounting experience working with closely held businesses including private equity backed companies, as well as high net-worth individuals. His diverse expertise serves clients in a variety of industries including financial services, real estate, professional services, technology, manufacturing, and distribution. Sean’s primary focus is assisting clients with their income tax compliance and planning efforts, including multi-state and consolidated corporate tax issues. For these clients his work includes:
- Income tax compliance and planning for C corporations, S Corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and individuals
- Transaction planning for tax minimization, including like-kind exchange, cost segregation analysis, inventory cost capitalization, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
- Consulting on state tax issues including nexus, unitary versus separate company filing, composite returns for shareholders and apportionment of business income
- ASC-740 tax provisions
Sean received his B.S. in Accounting from Purdue University and his M.S. in Taxation from Villanova University. The Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA) honored Sean in 2013 with their Young Leaders Award. He joined Shepard Schwartz & Harris in 2015.
- Illinois CPA Society
- PICPA – Former Executive Committee & Emerging CPAs Committee Co-Chair
- Young Professionals Network of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce – Former Board Member and Co-Chair, Membership Committee
- International House of Philadelphia – Former Vice Chair, Board of Delegates and Audi t Committee Member
- 2014 Leaders Circle of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society