Scott Sattler is a Partner with Shepard Schwartz & Harris. Scott serves as a trusted advisor to real estate developers and managers, professional services companies, manufacturers, construction contractors, and wealthy families. A key part of Scott's client relationships is the assistance he offers when they face significant decisions as well as daily business needs. He has extensive experience in accounting, auditing, taxation, and business consulting, including:
- Providing due diligence and related advice regarding mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of companies and their assets.
- Advising clients, utilizing trust/estate and partnership tax laws, on structuring for both estate and income tax purposes for business and asset acquisitions and dispositions, including tax deferred exchanges.
- Assisting closely held companies and individuals with all aspects of financial matters including tax planning and cash flow analysis for prospective investments.
- Financial statement audits, reviews and compilations.
- Tax consulting for foreign entities and individuals with US operations and investments.
- Advising US taxpayers with exposure to foreign activities.
- Analyzing and evaluating clients’ accounting, operating and internal control procedures as well as preparing management improvement recommendations outlining potential solutions.
In addition to his accounting and business advisory work, Mr. Sattler is active in the firm’s continuing professional education program, speaking on a variety of tax research and planning topics.
Mr. Sattler joined the firm in 2000 after working with one of the Big 4 accounting firms.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society
- Chicagoland Apartment Association
- Chicago Estate Planning Council
Areas of Expertise
- Certified Public Accountant
- M.S., Taxation, DePaul University
- B.B.A., Accounting, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee