Areas of Expertise
- Certified Public Accountant
B.S., Accounting, Bradley University
M.S.A., Accounting, Bradley University
Katherine Olerich is an audit manager with Shepard Schwartz & Harris LLP. Her work focuses primarily on clients involved in residential real estate, including HUD-assisted programs, as well as not-for-profit organizations. She has significant experience in the areas of accounting, auditing and tax, including:
- Preparing financial audits, reviews and compilations.
- Preparing and reviewing tax returns for partnerships, corporations and individuals.
- Assisting clients with questions regarding potential accounting and auditing issues affecting business operations.
- Researching and preparing memorandums for the firm’s professionals and its clients relating to corporate and partnership accounting and auditing.
Kate has also spent extensive time working on 401k and other profit sharing plan audits for clients in a variety of industries. Clients rely on her responsive demeanor and strong work ethic to get the job done correctly and within the time parameters set.
In addition to her work with clients, Ms. Olerich is actively involved in the training of the firm’s professional staff, focusing her efforts on audit training and the preparation of work papers. She has also participated in several of the firm’s internal continuing education programs for its accounting and tax professionals.
Ms. Olerich joined Shepard Schwartz & Harris in 2008, after completing her graduate studies. She lives in Chicago’s Southport neighborhood and is active on several recreational sports teams.