Gregg Wirtschoreck, an audit and consulting partner with Shepard Schwartz & Harris LLP, works with a variety of clientele operating as privately owned manufacturing, construction contracting, real estate investment fund, and management enterprises, as well as not-for-profit organizations. Applying his business and legal acumen, Mr. Wirtschoreck is responsible for various aspects of business and tax consulting and assurance services. He manages and reviews audit, review and compilation engagements, as well as handles all phases of federal, state and local tax audits. Examples of his work include:
- Due diligence and consulting for mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of a variety of companies and their assets, including manufacturing and construction entities.
- Structuring business entities and transactions for real estate development and manufacturing entities.
- Analysis and procurement of debt and equity arrangements for manufacturing, construction, real estate development and retail companies.
- Preparation and analysis of pricing and cost control models for manufacturers with plant operations throughout the country.
- Forecasting and budgeting for debt and equity procurement for real estate, manufacturing, construction and retail enterprises.
- Lease analysis and review for commercial property managers.
- HUD audits and analysis.
Mr. Wirtschoreck joined the firm in 1986 after completing his undergraduate education. He is involved in the firm’s recruiting program and also conducts internal continuing education programs on tax and accounting strategies and practices for the firm’s professionals.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society
- Illinois State Bar Association
Areas of Expertise
- Certified Public Accountant
- Licensed Attorney (Illinois)
- J.D., with distinction, Chicago-Kent College of Law; American Jurisprudence Award for Legal Writing and Research
- M.B.A., Finance emphasis, DePaul University
- B.S., Accounting and Finance, Illinois State University