Dan Jaszka is the Firm-Wide Partner-in-Charge of Tax and Business Services, where he provides significant tax consulting and compliance services for clients in various industries, including Real Estate Investment Funds, Manufacturing and Distribution, as well as Professional Service firms.
Dan possesses vast research skills in domestic, international, state and local tax laws. Dan’s practice includes ensuring that privately-held businesses, both domestic and offshore, take full advantage of potential tax savings through proper structure and planning.
Dan is a leading expert in technical matters related to “pass-through” entities, particularly Partnership and Subchapter S corporations. Dan possesses specific skills and in-depth knowledge relating to:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Dispositions and exchanges
- Cancellation of debt
- Issues relating to bankruptcy and real estate work-outs
- Original issue discount relating to public and private debt obligations
- Compensation planning
- Retirement planning
- Unrelated business income tax (UBIT)
Dan oversees the firm’s client Tax Alerts and is frequently called upon to speak about complex tax issues as a lead seminar lecturer. He joined SS&H after completing our college internship program in 1982.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society
- ALS Association, Greater Chicago Chapter - Volunteer
- Les Turner ALS Foundation - Volunteer