Colleen Buckley is an audit and consulting partner with Shepard Schwartz & Harris LLP. Ms. Buckley is responsible for the firm’s quality control and compliance in its accounting and audit practice. Under her direction the firm has achieved unmodified reports (the highest report available) in its outside peer reviews under the AICPA Peer Review Program since inception of the program in 1990.
Ms. Buckley performs pre-issuance technical reviews for all of the financial statements (including not-for-profit organizations, employee benefit plans and HUD program statements) prepared by the firm to ensure that such statements balance the needs of the clients and users of the financial statements with the requirements of the profession.
Additionally, Ms. Buckley handles other accounting, auditing and financial reporting matters including:
- Consulting on financial statements and required disclosures
- Reviewing financial forecasts and projections
- Conducting Agreed Upon Procedures engagements
- Research and consulting on technical issues relating to the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Other Comprehensive Bases of Accounting
- Consulting on the requirements of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and Standards For Accounting and Review Services
- Overseeing the firm's Continuing Professional Education Program for accounting, auditing and ethics
- Conducting in-house training seminars on accounting and auditing matters
- Coordinating firm’s outside peer reviews and internal inspections
Ms. Buckley also has extensive experience in audit, review and compilation engagements for privately held businesses and their owners. She also reviews the related corporate, partnership, individual and trust income tax returns. Her clients are represented in the manufacturing, wholesale distribution, real estate, professional services and not-for-profit industries.
Ms. Buckley joined Shepard Schwartz & Harris in 1979 as a staff accountant after earning her undergraduate degree.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Greater Chicago Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Areas of Expertise
- Certified Public Accountant – Elijah Watts Sells Award recipient (designating one of the top scores in the nation)
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- B.S., Accountancy, magna cum laude, Northern Illinois University