- Certified Public Accountant
B.A., Accounting, University of Illinois at Chicago
Brendan Royster is a Manager with Shepard Schwartz & Harris. He works with a wide variety of the firm’s clients, primarily in the commercial real estate industry, as well as professional services companies. He has significant accounting and auditing experience, including:
- Preparing financial audits, reviews and compilations.
- Assisting clients with questions regarding potential accounting and auditing issues affecting business operations.
- Researching and preparing memorandums for the firm’s professionals and its clients relating to corporate and partnership accounting and auditing.
- Preparing personal income and trust tax returns, as well as corporate and partnership returns.
- Tax research and planning strategies for businesses and individuals.
Brendan also works with several of the Firm's high net worth families and individuals to assist with complicated tax and wealth planning matters - his clients value his depth of knowledge coupled with his approachable manner.
In addition to his client work. Mr. Royster is actively involved in training and mentoring the firm’s staff, focusing his efforts on professional development and technical training on real estate tax matters.
An avid golfer, Brendan is also an aficionado of Chicago’s street festivals. He joined Shepard Schwartz & Harris in 2013 and has over 16 years of experience in the profession.
- Board Member, Neighborhood Boys & Girls Club