Maria Perez is an audit and consulting manager with Shepard Schwartz & Harris LLP. Ms. Perez focuses on ensuring the firm’s quality control and compliance in its accounting and audit practice.
Ms. Perez performs pre-issuance technical reviews for all of the financial statements prepared by the firm to ensure such statements balance the needs of the clients and users of the financial statements with the requirements of the profession.
Additionally, Ms. Perez handles other accounting, auditing and financial reporting matters including:
- Consulting on financial statements and required disclosures
- Reviewing financial forecasts and projections
- Conducting Agreed Upon Procedures engagements
- Research and consulting on technical issues related to the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Other Comprehensive Bases of Accounting
- Consulting on the requirements of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and Standards For Accounting and Review Services
- Overseeing the firm's Continuing Professional Education Program for accounting, auditing and ethics
- Conducting in-house training seminars on accounting and auditing matters
- Coordinating firm’s outside peer reviews and internal inspections
Ms. Perez joined Shepard Schwartz & Harris in 2020 and has over 20 years of experience in the profession both in public accounting and industry.
- American Institute of CPAs
- Illinois CPA Society
- Institute of Internal Auditors