Mark McClughen is an Audit Manager with Shepard Schwartz & Harris LLP. He has significant experience in the areas of accounting and assurance serving a diverse client base with a focus in the construction, manufacturing & distribution, and not-for-profit sectors (including private yacht and country clubs). Mark provides a variety of services, including:
- Preparing financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations.
- Preparing and reviewing tax returns for organizations exempt from income tax.
- Performing agreed-upon procedures.
- Evaluating IT environments and IT general controls as it relates to internal controls over financial reporting systems.
- Evaluating and providing recommendations on clients’ internal controls over financial reporting systems.
- Advising clients on potential accounting and auditing issues affecting business operations and not-for-profit organizations.
Mark focuses on building client relationships, providing quality service, improving audit efficiency, and ensuring overall successful completion of audits and other assurance engagements in a timely manner. In his role as the Manager on several of the firm’s not-for-profit client engagements, Mark is responsible for monitoring accounting standards updates and other changes within the not-for-profit accounting and assurance area.
Mark started with SS&H in 2012 as a staff accountant, relocated to Florida in 2015 while working for a top twenty public accounting firm, and returned to SS&H in 2020. He and his wife live in Chicago’s Streeterville neighborhood where they enjoy spending their free time running and cycling on the lake front path, traveling, and spending time with family.
- American Institute of CPAs
- Illinois CPA Society