- Certified Public Accountant
- Master of Taxation, Golden Gate University
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of Arizona
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, University of Arizona
Caroline Linton is a tax manager with Shepard Schwartz & Harris LLP. She specializes in providing planning and strategic guidance to closely held businesses and their owners. Caroline has extensive experience working in real estate, and focuses on managing the always changing needs of her clients in this industry.
Caroline’s knowledge and experience in this sector allow her to serve as a trusted advisor to her clients, guiding them through decisions to realize the maximum potential benefits of their companies and investments.
Her expertise includes:
- Partnership tax law with an emphasis in real estate transactions
- Tax planning for real estate investors, including tax-deferred exchanges and cost segregation studies
- Business operations management
- High-net worth family planning
- Estate tax, business succession and wealth transfer planning and compliance, including consulting with client’s financial advisors and attorneys to draft and implement estate plans for tax efficient wealth transfer
- Internal Revenue Service, Illinois Department of Revenue and California Franchise Tax Board audit and appeals assistances
In addition to her client work, Caroline is actively involved in training and mentoring the firm’s staff, focusing on professional development and technical training in the real estate industry.
Caroline received the "Women to Watch" award by the Illinois CPA Society, and was the recipient of the "40 under 40" award by CPA Practice Advisor in 2017.
- Illinois CPA Society, Women’s Committee Member
- Chicago Real Estate Executive Women (C.R.E.W.), Treasurer and Scholarship Committee Member
- Junior League of Chicago, past Treasurer and Treasurer-elect
- Real Estate Finance Forum of Chicago, Member