Not-for-Profit Tax Services
Not-for-profit organizations have many nuanced tax filing requirements, despite the fact that most organizations are not required to pay income taxes. SS&H guides our not-for-profit clients through the various federal, state and local filing requirements, helping them to avoid any pitfalls that may trigger unnecessary taxes or fees.
Tax Services Tailored to Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Tax exempt status consultation and application guidance
- Review of potential unrelated business income tax (UBIT)
- Federal and state tax compliance
- Tax planning for excise tax and other complex issues
- Advice on formation, mergers, liquidations and unrelated business income tax
- Support for other tax filings such as sales tax, payroll tax, property tax, etc.