SS&H seeks experienced, dynamic self-starters for a current career opportunity in our firm in downtown Chicago. Our staff do it all! We train and offer our staff exposure to both assurance and tax service engagements in their first few years of work to gain a broad range of professional experience. Armed with a variety of different experiences in all facets of public accounting, staff are then encouraged to choose a focus for their career after several years on the job.
The ideal candidate will exhibit excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for correspondence with clients, professional advisors, various government agencies and fellow team members. Other responsibilities include:
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate, partnership and individual tax services, including planning, research and compliance
- Prepared tax returns including corporate, partnership, S-corporation, trust and individual tax returns
- Prepare financial statements, footnotes and work papers for audit, review compilation, management letters, agreed-upon procedures, and other attestation engagements
- Keep up-to-date on current accounting and audit practices and changes in tax law
- Respond to client inquires and taxing authority notices
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- CPA license or CPA candidate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to articulate complex information
- Strong client service skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
Why work for Shepard Schwartz & Harris?
Aside from competitive compensation, benefits including major medical, life and 401k, SS&H offers:
- Unlimited PTO
- Casual dress attire
- 35 hour work week 4/16-12/31
- 32.5 hour work week during the summer between 06/16-Labor Day (office closure on Fridays at 12:30pm)
- Flex time start (8am, 9am or 10am)
- We’re a growing firm!
- Ranked by Crain’s Chicago Business as one of the top 25 firms in Chicago, in addition to being ranked by AdvisoryHQ as one of the top 11 best accounting firms in Chicago.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think you’re a good fit for Shepard Schwartz & Harris LLP, elaborating upon any related job experience that you think might make you a superior candidate for our team. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.