Part-Time, Year-Round Paid Tax Internship
Who is Shepard Schwartz & Harris LLP?
SS&H is a medium sized public accounting firm with 70 employees located off the river in the Chicago Loop. SSH is ranked by Crain’s Chicago Business as one of the top 25 firms in Chicago, in addition to being ranked by AdvisoryHQ as one of the top 11 best accounting firms in Chicago in both 2016 and 2017. In 2020, SSH celebrated its 85th anniversary in business!
At SS&H, we pride ourselves in putting our employees first and make every effort to inspire a collaborative and engaging work culture. Our employees are at the center of SS&H’s success and we nurture relationship building across our cross-functional teams within all levels. SS&H has a diverse leadership team with multi-faceted personalities and experience levels spanning across multiple generations. With an open door policy, we encourage our employees to ask questions, learn, and enjoy their experience at SS&H!
Part-Time, Year-Round Tax Internship Job Description:
- Prepare simple individual, trust, partnership and S-corporation income tax returns
- Prepare gift and estate tax returns
- Once proficient with simple returns, learn to prepare complex individual, trust, partnership and S-corporation income tax returns.
- Learn about hedge fund Schedule K-1’s.
- Learn about stock option/grant taxation.
- Receive exposure to real estate and investment partnerships.
- Provide tax research and response to tax notices
What you will learn:
- Bookkeeping including general trial balance concepts.
- General income tax concepts.
- Interpersonal skills, oral and written for potential client contact
- How to effectively prioritize/ manage workflow with your supervisor.
- All training is provided on the job.
- Working in our office provides invaluable experience in the accounting field and in a professional environment. Students benefit by applying classroom and textbook concepts to personal and practical involvement.
- Be a current student at a college or university.
- Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors encouraged for this program.
- Ability to work 20 hours min. p/ week, and Saturdays if necessary.
- Availability to work full-time during spring break
- Proficient in using Windows-based software programs (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint).
- Ability to explain complicated concepts in non-technical language.
- Highly organized and detail orientated with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to shift task based on priorities.
- Take responsibility for task assigned.
For consideration in our internship program, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.