Quality Control Audit Manager
SS&H seeks dynamic self-starter for a current career opportunity as a Manager in our Audit Department. SS&H provides audit and assurance services that assist our clients in meeting contractual or regulatory obligations while helping them create, enhance and protect value. We guide clients with insightful and timely perspectives on financial performance and relevant recommendations regarding procedures and internal controls. We also provide the strategic and operational advice to guide entrepreneurial businesses to financial success.
The ideal candidate will initially lead and manage audit and review engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations. The candidate will also assist with the quality control functions with the goal of transitioning into the firm’s QC Manager.
- Manage multiple concurrent engagements with the firm to provide technical accounting, financial or business advisory guidance to clients.
- Participate in audit planning meetings and provide guidance. Work with A & A teams on engagement procedures, financial statements and written communication.
- Understand and manage firm risk on audit engagements and proposals. Participate on the new client acceptance committee.
- Perform technical pre-issuance reviews on all of the financial statements issued by the firm. Discuss findings with audit partners and managers. Resolve any differences of opinion.
- Research and consult on technical issues for audit, review and compilation engagements. Provide written memorandum on conclusions.
- Possess advanced knowledge of GAAP, GAAS, GAGAS, IFRS and SSARS, including revenue recognition and leasing standards.
- Coordinate the firm’s outside peer review and oversee the internal inspection.
- Monitor compliance with the firm’s Quality Control system, including independence, new client acceptance, hiring, CPE, engagement documentation and license requirements.
- Plan audit and accounting continuing professional education programs, including ethics and specialized industry training and monitor compliance with CPE requirements for all firm partners and professional personnel.
- Teach in-house A & A level training CPE courses and monitor in-house instructors and programs.
- Keep firm updated on newly released accounting and audit pronouncements.
- Oversee the firm’s A & A library resources, software and professional memberships.
- Provide exceptional client experience to foster quality, timely, deliverables.
- High attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors degree in Accountancy
- CPA license
- Seven or more years audit experience in public accounting
- Excellent analytical, technical and auditing skills
- Strong current knowledge of US GAAP and GAAS
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to articulate complex information.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching and mentoring skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- MBA other advanced degree
- Experience with real estate and construction; manufacturing and distribution; hospitality industries; professional services; not-for-profit; employee benefit plans.
- Working knowledge of tax issues facing corporations, pass-through entities and partnerships.
- Experience with CCH Document, Engagement CS, PPC SMART Practice Aids, CCH Axcess.
- Knowledge of PCAOB engagements
SS&H is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide competitive compensation, benefits including employee’s health and life insurance and a 401(k) plan. We offer a flexible work environment including casual dress attire, unlimited PTO, half-day Fridays during the summer and many opportunities for advancement. We are a growing firm and we look forward to the opportunity to add the right candidate to our team.
Interested candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.