Audit Experienced Senior or Supervisor
SS&H seeks dynamic self-starter for a current career opportunity as a Senior or Supervisor in our Audit Department. SS&H provides audit and assurance services that assist our clients in meeting contractual or regulatory obligations while helping them create, enhance and protect value. We guide clients with insightful and timely perspectives on financial performance and relevant recommendations regarding procedures and internal controls. We also provide the strategic and operational advice to guide entrepreneurial businesses to financial success.
We work with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries.
- Conduct audit, review, and compilation engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations.
- Prepare workpapers to adequately document the work performed and support the conclusions reached. Perform detailed review of work completed by other staff members.
- Review and/or prepare draft financial statements and management letters.
- Perform risk assessment and linkage to audit procedures at the beginning of the engagement
- Conduct research, prepare memorandums and summarize findings.
- Demonstrate exceptional client experience by providing quality, timely, deliverables.
- Develop, train and mentor staff accountants on assignments and assess performance for reviews.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- Demonstrate industry knowledge, experience and thought leadership including providing continuing education seminars when necessary and occasional writing for marketing and industry publications.
- Keep up-to-date on current accounting and audit practices and changes in tax law.
- Review and or prepare tax returns for client engagements.
- Bachelors degree in Accountancy
- CPA license
- Four or more years audit experience in public accounting
- Excellent analytical, technical and auditing skills
- Strong current knowledge of US GAAP and GAAS
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to articulate complex information.
- Strong leadership, training and mentoring skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- MBA other advanced degree
- Experience with real estate and construction; manufacturing and distribution; hospitality industries; professional services; not-for-profit; employee benefit plans
- Working knowledge of tax issues facing corporations, pass-through entities and partnerships
- Experience with CCH Document, Engagement CS, PPC SMART Practice Aids, CCH Axcess
SS&H is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide competitive compensation, benefits including employee’s health and life insurance and a 401(k) plan. We offer a flexible work environment including casual dress attire, unlimited PTO, half-day Fridays during the summer and many opportunities for advancement. We are a growing firm and we look forward to the opportunity to add the right candidate to our team.
Interested candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.