Areas of Expertise
- Certified Public Accountant
B.S., Accounting, Illinois State University
M.S., Accounting, Illinois State University
Katy Dienslake is an audit manager with Shepard, Schwartz, and Harris LLP. Ms. Dienslake provides audit, review and tax planning for a wide range of clients including commercial real estate, manufacturing, art galleries, and retail. She has significant experience in the areas of accounting, auditing and tax, including:
- Preparing financial audits, reviews and compilations
- Preparing and reviewing tax returns in all areas of tax including businesses that operate in every state (payroll, trust, partnership, corporate, and individual)
- Representing clients before the Internal Revenue Service and various state authorities
- Assisting clients with questions regarding potential accounting, auditing, and tax issues affecting business operations
- Preparing consolidations for multi-entity businesses (including international subsidiaries) for GAAP and tax purposes
In addition to her work with clients, Ms. Dienslake is actively involved in the firm’s recruiting and training of the firm’s professional staff. She participates in on campus recruiting for her alma mater, Illinois State University, as well as trains new hires on the firm’s accounting software and related research tools. Ms. Dienslake also spearheads the Firm’s audit internship program and provides training and mentoring to the interns.
Ms. Dienslake joined the firm in 2008, after completing her graduate studies. She lives in Chicago’s South Loop neighborhood and is a huge animal lover.