"Shepard Schwartz & Harris has been working with The John Buck Company since shortly after the inception of the company. SS&H helped us to design and implement the initial structure of our accounting systems and processes. SS&H has been an important part of our company by offering efficient and cutting edge approaches to our tax and accounting needs. SS&H has sophisticated capabilities that we have utilized as we grew from a Chicago real estate company to a global developer, fund manager and investor in both debt and equity real estate opportunities. As a result of this tailored service, SS&H has established itself as a valued partner of The John Buck Company. We credit the firm’s stellar reputation in the commercial real estate marketplace, as well as overall business community, as a reason many of our partners and clients have also turned to SS&H for their tax and accounting needs."
- John Buck, CEO
The John Buck Company
Real Estate Accounting & Assurance Services
SS&H has provided auditing and strategic guidance services to the real estate industry since 1935.
We recognize that investors, lenders, management and institutional partners require confidence in the information and controls they rely upon to make their decisions. Our core values encompass the assurance and integrity of our clients’ financial processes and disclosures.
Specifically, SS&H currently provides financial services to Real Estate Advisory firms and Operators including but not limited to the following:
- Audits – historical cost, fair value and other basis of accounting
- Reporting under Real Estate Investment Standards
- HUD program compliance and audits
- Cost certification for governmental agencies
- CAM audits and lease analysis
- Custom agreed upon procedure engagements
- Syndication forecasts and projections
- Financial statement review and compilation
- Lender reporting and covenant compliance
- Due diligence, transactional and feasibility analysis
- Internal control evaluation and recordkeeping recommendations
- September 8, 2016
- February 17, 2016