SS&H seeks dynamic self-starters for a current career opportunity as a Supervisor or Manager in our Tax Department. SS&H provides clients with tax guidance and planning on key client issues in international, federal, state and local taxation, with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives; corporate tax; pass-through entities; S corporations; individual and industry focus. Our Tax Supervisors and Managers are responsible for coordinating and managing tax compliance engagements including preparation, review and projections and will have the opportunity for direct contact with clients on a daily basis. We work with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries.
The ideal candidate will exhibit excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for correspondence with clients, professional advisors, various government agencies and fellow team members. Other responsibilities include:
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate and individual tax services, including planning, research and compliance
- Conduct primary and secondary review of complicated or complex tax engagements including corporate, partnership, S-corporation and individual tax returns
- Assist Partners with new business development, extended service and tax issue recognition for existing clients
- Develop, motivate, and train staff level team members
- Manage client needs with respect to tax services and federal and state tax compliance
- Develop and sustain strong client relationships
- Keep up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Provide industry knowledge and experience including providing continuing education seminars when necessary and occasional writing for marketing and industry publications
- Bachelors degree in Accountancy
- CPA license
- Five or more years tax experience in public accounting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to articulate complex information
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching and mentoring skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- MBA, MST or other advanced degree
- Experience with real estate and construction; manufacturing and distribution; hospitality industries
- Proficient in corporate taxation and consolidated tax returns
- Proficient in Partnership taxation
- Working knowledge of state income/franchise tax for multi-state filers
- Experience with GoFile Room, Creative Solutions, GoSystem
SS&H is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide competitive compensation, benefits including health and life insurance premium and a 401(k) plan. We offer a flexible work environment including half-day Fridays during the summer and many opportunities for advancement. We are a growing firm and we look forward to the opportunity to add the right candidate to our team.
Interested candidates, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.